Indaba Group is looking for a talented and experienced QA Developer for our growing e-commerce practice. QA developer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements, track quality assurance metrics, develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. Currently we have contract-to-hire and full-time positions available. Applicants will be expected to provide examples of work, if available, and may be asked to complete a QA challenge.
The QA engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tool
- Outstanding communication and analytical skills.
- Solutions-oriented thinking; always looking for the smart solution to a problem rather than jumping at the first answer
- A preoccupation with staying on top of industry trends and technologies
- An aptitude and drive for learning
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Significant software development experience in LINUX, Java, C/C++.
- Scripting languages such as Python or Perl.
- Multi-threaded software development.
- Experience working with IP protocols and packet processing.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like SASS/LESS
- Knowledge of Magento 1 and/or 2
- Minimum of 3-5 years PHP web development experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years real-world e-commerce experience with Magento development
- Firm grasp of Git-based source control
- Competent with PHP object-oriented programming & MVC applications
- Competent with MySQL-based database concepts
- Familiarity with automated deployment strategies
- Work ratio
- 360 reviews
- Code reviews / QA
This position is a salary position with benefits including health, dental, life and paid vacation.
Out of state or out of country applications will be rejected, unless you want to move to Denver.
Please, no outsourcing companies.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Send resume/cover letter to: