Indaba Group is looking for a talented and experienced Project Manger for our growing team. We provide marketing and development solutions for a wide range of clients on Magento, OroCommerce, Hybris, BigCommerce, and Craft CMS. The Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management and delivery of projects to Indaba clients, utilizing critical thinking, independent discretion and exercising autonomy to effectively recommend best practices and operating practices.
Goals and Objectives
- Deliver projects/tasks on time
- Deliver projects/tasks on budget
- Build client confidence
- Establish strong relationships with team members
- Effectively recommend operating practices, including budgeting and timelines of projects
- Works with Account Manager to set realistic client expectations on delivery and timelines
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client loyalty
Project Tracking and Management
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses to clients on a weekly basis
- Manages project budget
- Coordinate internal resources for the execution of projects
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope and project schedule, and communicates changes to client and Account Manager
- Measure project performance using JIRA Dashboards and Roadmap
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Provides clients with weekly status updates and maintains day to day communication with client
- Holds regular status meetings with project team
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to team
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Effectively conveys Indaba’s message in both written and verbal discussions
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of software development, CRM, user experience, creative design, and infrastructure architecture
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements
- Understands basic revenue models, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly
- Understands Indaba’s pricing model and billing procedures
Align with Goals & Objectives
- Task Creation Dashboard
- Tickets Completed On Time
- DevOps – All Dashboard
- Project Document Review
- Project Management Sprint Planning
- Client Satisfaction
- Team Feedback and Satisfaction
Skills to be successful in this position
- Certified in project management.
- Experience in developing, monitoring, and maintaining a project within budget constraints.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong self management skills.
- Ability to translate client needs into executable actions.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Aptitude for learning and working in a team environment.
- This is a salaried/exempt position, and incumbents must have the ability to work after hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
Send resume/cover letter to: