Indaba Group is looking for a talented and experienced Magento developer for our growing e-commerce practice. We provide marketing and development solutions for a wide range of clients on Magento, OroCommerce, Hybris, BigCommerce, and Craft CMS. Currently we have contract-to-hire and full-time positions available. Applicants will be expected to provide examples of work, if available, and may be asked to complete a coding challenge.
The Lead Developer role works with a team to deliver solutions to project requirements, possessing the knowledge and experience to configure and build Magento websites from start to finish. This includes theming from scratch, installing all necessary 3rd party modules, identifying where custom built modules are needed, delegating tasks to frontend developers, backend developers, and system administrators. This position works closely with the project architect, account managers, and developers.
- Develop professional & industry standard solutions to task requirements
- Maintain organization on projects with account manager (technical side)
- Be the first line of support for developers in your teamBe the technical lead. Master the skills required to complete your team’s projects.Develop on new and existing client projects built using the Magento platform
- Develop on new and existing client projects built using the Magento platform
- Architect and write custom extensions according to best practices
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable code
- Identify quality community extensions and optimize production efforts
- Maintain high performing codebases and solve complex performance problems
- Support architecting and estimating new Magento tasks & projects
- Communicate and collaborate with developers on the team
- Develop solutions in given time frames
- Communicate with managers about any issues or concerns
- Follow Indaba’s development operations standards and expectations
- Minimum of 3-5 years PHP web development experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years real-world e-commerce experience with Magento development
- Firm grasp of Git-based source control
- Competent with PHP object-oriented programming & MVC applications
- Competent with MySQL-based database concepts
- Familiarity with automated deployment strategies
- Solutions-oriented thinking; always looking for the smart solution to a problem rather than jumping at the first answer
- A preoccupation with staying on top of industry trends and technologies
- An aptitude and drive for learning
- Thorough understanding of Magento’s code structure, extension architecture, theming hierarchy, and fallback components
- Expertise in authoring and extending Magento extensions
- Thorough experience in customizing Magento’s front-end components using layout XML, blocks, and templates
- Thorough knowledge of vanilla Magento feature set and configuration
- Competent knowledge of e-commerce data organization and relationships
- Store catalog (categories/products/attributes)
- Sales orders (quotes/orders/invoices/shipments/credits)
- Competent in web services integrations (REST/SOAP)
- A desire to be personally responsible for production-level code
- Ingenuity to leverage all available tools at your disposal
- Comfort working with Linux-based systems
- Magento Certification is a huge plus
- Experience in ERP integrations with Magento is a huge plus
- Experience with caching and scaling techniques
- Experience in multi-store, multi-lingual, or multi-currency e-commerce implementations
- In-depth knowledge of PCI/PA-DSS compliance issues
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like SASS/LESS
- Contributions to the open-source community
This position is a salary position with benefits including health, dental, life and paid vacation.
Out of state or out of country applications will be rejected, unless you want to move to Denver.
Please, no outsourcing companies.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Send resume/cover letter to: