The Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management and delivery of projects to Indaba clients, utilizing critical thinking, independent discretion and exercising autonomy to effectively recommend and determine best practices and operating practices.
Goals and Objectives
- Deliver projects/tasks on time
- Deliver projects/tasks on budget
- Build client confidence
- Having direct client contact to drive business results
- Effectively recommend operating practices, including budgeting and timelines of projects
- Establish strong relationships with team members
- Project Manager will set realistic client expectations on delivery and timelines
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client loyalty
- Works with Account Manager in shaping future client expectations
Project Tracking and Management
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses to clients on a weekly basis, or other determined time period
- Manages project budget
- Coordinate internal resources for the execution of projects
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Manage changes to the project scope and project schedule, and communicates changes to client and Account Manager
- Measure project performance using JIRA Dashboards and Roadmap
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Holds bi-weekly project scrum (15 minutes)
- Provides clients with weekly status updates and maintains day to day communication with client
- Sets meeting agendas with client ahead of client interaction
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively
- Holds regular communication with project team and effectively communicates relevant project information to team
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Effectively conveys Indaba’s message in both written and verbal discussions
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of software development, CRM, SAP, user experience, creative design, and infrastructure architecture
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements
- Understands basic revenue models, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly
- Understands Indaba’s pricing model and billing procedures
- Applies knowledge of financial concepts to management of all projects
Align with Goals & Objectives
- Scope Management (via hours)
- Task Creation Dashboard
- Tickets Completed On Time
- Project Management Sprint Planning
- Client Satisfaction
- Team Feedback and Satisfaction
- Exercising sound judgement in applying management policies and practices
Skills to be successful in this position
- Experience in developing, monitoring, and maintaining a project within budget constraints.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong self management skills.
- Ability to translate client needs into executable actions.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Aptitude for learning and working in a team environment.
- This is a salaried/exempt position, and incumbents must have the ability to work after hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
This position is a salary position with benefits including health, dental, life and paid vacation.
Out of state or out of country applications will be rejected, unless you want to move to Denver.
Please, no outsourcing companies.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Please send resume and cover letter to Jeanine Mason, Director of People, at firstname.lastname@example.org.